Finally made it, I have a whole bitcoin.
Holy crap. Just withdrew a tiny amount of money from tips via the tipbot going around, and the withdraw was near-immediate.
It’s so smooth and quick, it felt seamless, I’m confident that I have the coins in my ownership (currently closing a channel to see what it looks like), and I’m loving the experience so far.
Things I found out so far:
* Eclair wallet is pretty good. Offers the ability to set up a channel with ACINQ nodes.
* Initial experience was intimidating, but once I set up a channel I was all set to spend via lightning
* Was not able to receive BTC via lightning at first, but once I spent a few cents I was able to receive that much
* Requested the ability to receive more. It cost me a tiny amount of money for this feature, but I can now receive up a lot more (worth paying a small fee for them to lock up funds to allow me to participate)
I’m happy to answer any questions, but please realize that I am limited in experience so far.
Also, I have a few questions of my own:
* Can I set up a recurring invoice via lightning?
* How trustworthy is ACINQ? I don’t have anything major locked up with them but I do have a small amount I’d like to not lose
* What happens if I stop participating with ACINQ? Will they auto-close my channel since they have locked up BTC doing nothing for an extended period of time?
* Does Eclair have the ability to connect to a lightning node that I set up myself via a Raspberry Pi? Do I need to run a BTC node first?
Thanks guys, happy bolting!
Also, if anyone would care to post an invoice for 5 satoshi, I’d love to send you a trivial amount of BTC to test a tiny transfer.